Monday, November 12, 2007

A Model Invitation for your Newsletter

One mentor put this in her branch newsletter. Note the last sentence:
"If I don’t know the answer I’ll try to find it for you!"
That means the writer will "find" a mentor for anyone with a question.


Are YOU Tech-Savvy?

Do you know how to use Word/Word Perfect most efficiently?
Do you know when you should use columns vs tabs vs tables?
Do you know how to add attachments to your e-mails?
Do you know what a “pdf” file is?
Do you know how to do a “mail merge”? (personalized letters, labels, etc)
If you use a spreadsheet program (Excel, Lotus, Works) do you know how to sort the records?
Do you know how to set up the homepage you want in your browser?

If the answer to any of these questions was a “NO”, or if there are other instances where you think “there’s got to be a better way”, we’d like to help! I propose to set up an e-mail list of people who are interested in “tech tips” of various sorts. Please send an e-mail if you’re interested - include a question! If I don’t know the answer I’ll try to find it for you!

Let’s catch up with our kids!

2 comments:

nancy said...

A great list! Once upon a time, I wrote up "how using a computer to do word processing is different from using a typewriter" ...

Can't find it online, but let me know if I should look harder for it.

M Rack said...

Nancy,
I think that would make sense to those most frustrated by their computers. It would be a very good starting place for them. If you have time do try to find it.
I'll invite you to the blog so I can add you as an author. Then if you find it you can add it as a post. Comments get "buried" and I'd like everyone to see it.
Thanks

PS Please notice my new stat counter at the very bottom.